Since my husband first cheated on me 6ish years ago I lost my dog to lymphoma (2011), was diagnosed with a potentially life threatening blood condition (2010) and had 2 cancer scares (2007 breast, 2013 uterine). In the past 6 years I have had 3 CT scans, 9 MRI’s, countless venous ultrasounds and am scheduled for a stereotactic biopsy next week for new, abnormal breast calcifications. I am in my early 40’s but seem to have constant health issues which require tests and appointments and waiting for results. Every time I go through a health scare my anxiety levels rise to unfathomable levels to coincide with my completely unrealistic, fatalistic fears. I am usually a sensible person, but when it comes to my health I can not reason with myself.
I completely believe that my health issues are worsened by my stress levels, so for 2014, I am going to resolve to reduce the amount of stress in my life through any means possible. I will do this through these lifestyle changes that don’t all sound fun on paper, but if they reduce my cortisol levels the outcome will be well worth it:
– Finally learn to meditate and stick with a daily practice.
– Reduce my sugar intake.
– Eat more veggies and less processed food.
– Work with my therapist to learn active methods to control my fatalistic thinking.
– Spend more time having fun – say yes to more invitations – open my heart to more friendships
– Reduce my iPhone use & don’t sleep with it next to my bed.
– Get a pot prescription for when all else fails!